Sets the identity strategy of the enclosing element to use the default identity strategy of the underlying relational database system.
enabled: If set to true, the field is initialised with an appropriate database platform-specific strategy.
· The NativeIdGenerator strategy uses a default strategy which depends on the actual database-platform the DataDomain schema is compiled for.
· When the mapped field is of integer/numeric type: for MS SQL, this decalaration is the same as if <AutoIncrement> element is defined. For Oracle, this declaration is equivalent to a <Sequence> element declaration.
· When the mapped field is of type Guid: for MS SQL 2005, this declaration is the same as using <SequentialGuid/>. For all other platforms, <NewGuid/> is used.
· This mapping feature can only be applied to read only properties (i.e. can only have a getter).
· The actual platforms used may place some restrictions of their own.
The following mapping declaration:
Is equivalent to the following in MS SQL:
And is also equivalent to the following in Oracle:
Editions:Professional, Evaluation, Express
Database Platforms:Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Oracle 9i Release 2, Oracle 10g Release 2, IBM DB2
<PersistentField> Element | Object Identity Generation Strategies
|<Sequence> Element||<SequentialGuid> Element|